The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals provide a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet. The 17 goals are to be pursued locally and globally by every country, with the aim of eradicating poverty by 2030.
In this webinar, leaders of the UMN Sustainable Development Goals Initiative provided an overview of how the University of Minnesota is advancing the goals and making a difference in Minnesota, the U.S., and abroad. Recipients of SDG grants presented on their own projects, which align with the SDGs, the University’s strategic priorities, and needs identified by communities.
- UMN SDG Initiative Co-Leads: Karen Brown, PhD, and Katey Pelican, DVM, PhD
- Elizabeth Sumida Huaman, Associate Professor, Organizational Leadership, Policy, and Development, University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Olaf Kuhlke Associate Professor, Geography, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Diditi Mitra, Associate Professor, Sociology, Brookdale Community College, NJ
- Shashwati Talukdar, Independent Filmmaker, Four and a Half Inches Pictures, NY